Skip to main content

How to Report a Waterfowl or Dove Band

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service offers a website for reporting all dove and waterfowl bands. If you harvest a banded bird, visit and enter information about when and where you shot the bird. Previously, a 1-800 number was available for reporting bird bands. This number is no longer accepts band information and will direct callers to the website. All bands, even old bands that do not have the web address inscribed on them, can be reported at You will be emailed a Certificate of Appreciation with information about when and where the bird was banded. Your cooperation on reporting band numbers gives waterfowl and dove biologists a wealth of information useful in managing the resource to provide hunters with maximum recreational opportunities while protecting waterfowl and dove populations.