Division of Water Resource Management
The Division of Water Resource Management is responsible for:
- Regulating Floodway Construction Activities within or adjacent to Illinois rivers, lakes and streams,
- Regulating Public Waters,
- Regulating Construction and Maintenance of Dams,
- Lake Michigan Water Use allocation and monitoring,
- National Flood Insurance Program coordination and,
- Flood Mitigation Program (nonstructural) administration.
The Division provides these services through offices in Chicago, Bartlett and Springfield.